Each year the Montgomery Area Military Officers Scholarship Foundation awards scholarships to deserving HIgh School Seniors in Montgomery, Autaga, Elmore or Lowndes county.
The 2018 MAC MOAA Scholarship Program is Closed. The 2019 Scholarship Notice and Application will appear here in February 2019.
Both the Scholarship Announcement and Application may be downloaded from this page. When completed, you may submit the application to the address below.
The address is:
MAMO Scholarship Foundation
3066 Zelda Road
PMB # 392
Montgomery, AL 36106
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. The must reside in the area served by the MOAA Chapter (Montgomery, Autauga, Elmore or Lowndes county)
2. Applicants 18 years or older, in accordance with the law, must show proof of having registered for Selective Service.
3. Applicants who are dependents of or grandchildren of those who have served in the US Military (including active duty, Guard or Reserve) are encouraged to apply.
4. Eligibility will be contingent on the student maintaining a GPA of at least 75% of the school's perfect GPA and demonstrate excellent character and deportment. Abusse of alcohol or drugs will result in immediate termination of the scholarship.
5. The winner must agree to accept this award in person at a scheduled MOAA meeting (normally in June).
6. A panel of judges will select the scholarship winner. The Selectee will be notified by mail together with the time and place of the award presentation. Payment will be sent to and administered by the college in which the selectee is enrolled.
Please read the annoucement carefully and insure that all questions are answered and documents returned by the deadline.
The MAMO Scholarship Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization.
If there are any questions regarding this program please contact Col (ret) Robert Goldberg at 334-239-7094 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAC MOAA's 2018 Scholarship winners.
Join MAC MOAA by contacting Col Smith or by filling out and mailing in the application below.
Our Membership Chairman is Col Nelson "Smitty" Smith. He may be contacted at 334-834-9383 or email@example.com.
Webmaster: Col Steve Linder
Last updated August 31, 2018